Alianait has 3 concerts happening this fall.
September 10 – TWIN FLAMES, brings together Inuk singer-songwriter Jaaji, from Quaqtaq and his Metis partner Chelsey June, from the Ottawa area.
October 22 – HAWKSLEY WORKMAN Canadian rock singer-songwriter critically acclaimed for his blend of cabaret pop and glam rock.
THE JERRY CANS – November 12, a much-anticipated family-friendly concert featuring Nunavut’s most popular band.
Alianait’s 12th Festival was an incredible experience, featuring circumpolar artists from Greenland, Germany (Mongolians), Nunavik, NWT and across Nunavut, a celtic trio from the Isle of Mann and some of Canada’s finest musicians from B.C., Alberta, P.E.I., Quebec and Ontario. Some festival highlights:
• The North American premiere of the National Theatre of Greenland’s production Minik.• The Big Top Tent flew the Pride flag for the first time.
• Full house for School’s Out Concert – our first nighttime show under the Big Top since 2010 with awesome performances from across the north.
• A special tribute to an incredible artist and Alianait festival veteran Etulu Aningmiuq with a video of his performance from last year’s festival.
• The Francophone community celebrated St. Jean Baptiste Day with a traditional/jazz fusion band from Montreal thanks to our partnership.
• Our largest Gospel Sing-A-Long under the Big Top featured the sounds of Inuktitut and African music.
Heartfelt thanks to our many volunteers, sponsors and funders, staff, technical team, and the awesome artists!!